- Annual Fund
- Campership Fund
- Cane Creek Falls Fellowship
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Gift Naming
- New Partnership
- Other Ways To Give
- Stop Hunger Now
"I sent my daughter for the first time this year to Sparrowwood. She seemed to have a great time. Your staff was amazing at making her feel welcomed and me feel safe leaving her alone. She has two siblings who can't wait to come to Glisson next year for their first time. Not only do you impact the 2500 campers and youth, but their families as well. Thank you for such a great first camp experience."
- Karen, parent of a 2011 Sparrowwood camper
Other Ways To Give
While gifts to the Glisson Annual Fund are unrestricted, allowing Glisson the flexibility to allocate the funds to the area of greatest need, any gift can be designated for something specific. We want all donor gifts to be reflective of the giver's heart and passion, so the gift can be as meaningful for the giver as it is for Glisson.
Your gift can be designated for virtually any specific initiative you wish within the framework of Camp Glisson operations. Following are some examples of how a gift to Glisson could be designated:
- Camperships. The Glisson Campership Fund offers financial assistance to those summer campers whose families are unable to afford the cost of summer camp on their own. The Campership Fund helps campers in the Village, Outpost and Sparrowwood programs. During 2010, while the need for camperships rivaled the record levels we saw in 2009, camper families had the opportunity to donate the remaining balances of their online store accounts at the close of each camp week. Our families donated over $13,000 to help the Campership fund become self-sustaining. Thank you to all who helped us!
- Building program. Gifts designated for the building program are allocated to the building project in effect at the time the gift is made. At present, and until we decide to launch a campaign to address our Updated Master Plan, gifts to the building program will help us complete the funding for the swimming pool project.
- Specific capital improvements. In the past, donors have made gifts to specific capital projects which reflected their own passion for Glisson. These projects need to be endorsed by the Glisson staff and must be consistent with Glisson's mission and programs. One recent example is the Cane Creek Falls Trail, a named gift given in 2010 in honor of Lige and Ena Moore by their four adult children.
- Endowment. Gifts to the Endowment would not be utilized in the short-term, but would be invested to grow for many years. These funds would ultimately ensure the long-term sustainability and growth of Glisson ministries through initiatives such as property acquisition, facility modernization and capital improvements.
- Gifts in honor or memory of a loved one. Any gift, whether it be to the Glisson Annual Fund or designated for a specific purpose and regardless of the amount, can be made in honor or in memory of a loved one. Simply provide that person's name when submitting the gift - along with the address of anyone you would like to be notified of your gift.