Contact & Directions
Phone: (706) 864-6181
Fax: (706) 864-9352
690 Camp Glisson Road
Dahlonega, Georgia 30533
+34° 33' 26.82", -84° 0' 22.11"
For directions using Google Maps, click "Directions" on the map and enter your start address. For detailed directions from Dahlonega to Glisson, please find the map and directions below.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
When Summer Camp In Session, Glisson Closed To Public
Cane Creek Falls and Glisson are entirely closed to the public while summer camp is in session. For 2016, Glisson will be closed to the public from May 16th through July 31st.
During the summer, Cane Creek Falls serves as a stunning and constant reminder of God's beautiful Creation to our campers, staff, and -- on Fridays -- camper parents and family members. During the retreat season (mid-August to mid-May), visitors are welcome to check-in at the Welcome Center during business hours (8:30-5:00, Mon-Fri), then walk down to view the falls. Just to be sure your visit will be a smooth one, please call during business hours prior to coming by to make sure access will be open (706-864-6181).
Directions from Dahlonega
Glisson Camp & Retreat Center is approximately two miles north of the Dahlonega town square off Business routes 19 & 60. Please review the directions and the map below. If you have any questions, call the office (706-864-6181).
- Coming from Atlanta (400) or Gainesville (60), once you reach the Dahlonega square take a right at the stop sign facing the Historic Court House.
- The road will bend to the left around the square, then take a right (you should see the traffic light in the distance).
- Continue straight going over the speed bump/crosswalk, then turn left at the North Grove Street light (labeled "Traffic Light" below)
- Contine on North Grove St. about five minutes.
- Once you pass Lumpkin County High School on the left, look for Camp Glisson Rd on the left across from Ace Hardware. (The road makes a "Y" shape, with Camp Glisson Rd going to the left).
- If you reach the Chevron gas on the left, you have gone too far.
- Stay straight on Camp Glisson Rd. which will take you to the Glisson gate and the Bevel & Tuck Jones Welcome Center.
To view pre-made, Google Maps directions from the intersection of GA 400 and GA 60, click here.